Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Joyful Shouting Will Come!

Nehemiah 12:43 And on that day they offered great sacrifices, rejoicing because God had given them great joy. The women and children also rejoiced. The sound of rejoicing in Jerusalem could be heard far away.


Have you ever found yourself waiting on God to fulfill a promise He has spoken to you?  When will that day come?  

Today, my reading was in Nehemiah 12.  I don't know whether it was lack of sleep or lack of focus from lack of sleep, but I was not "getting" anything from the passage.   So I went to journaling where I poured out my cries and heart to the Lord once again.   Blah blah blah - really!  I wonder if He gets tired of hearing from me.   I said Lord, I am tired.  I am weary on so many levels.  You have promised this and promised that and YET I still have not seen the answers, the promises fulfilled. 

I'm the persistent widow day in day out crying out.  I'm the lady clinging to the hem of Jesus's garment.  I'm the one leper that always comes back and gives God thanks and praise for something He has done.  I'm the centurion with great faith trusting He will bring forth healing.  I'm Abraham surrendering my Isaac to the Lord repeatedly.  I'm the one my 4 friends are lowering on the mat through the roof.  I'm Job wondering what chapter I'm in of that book and hoping its the last one. I'm Elijah being fed by a raven.   I'm Lazarus at times wondering if Jesus will come before I die. I'm Joseph pit, prison and waiting.  I'm Thomas saying I won't believe until I see.   I'm Moses wandering in the wilderness for now 38 years... trying hard to not murmur and complain.   I feel like some of the minor prophets having to "experience" the word that God has given them to share with His people.   

All of these and others had to experience long waits.  They had to wait forever it seemed for God to come through, for God to rescue them, for God to heal them, for God to take them into their promised land, for the promises to be made manifest.   I am no different - and most likely you aren't either.  

So after I journaled much of what I just wrote... the Lord said look up some commentary on Nehemiah 12.  I stumbled on this blog below.  As I read it, it seemed as if the Lord wanted me to find this blog.  He was reassuring me, that He is working behind the scenes.  He is working things for my good.  And He will for you too.   

----

https://www.thewarehouse.blog/nehemiah-12/

“When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, we were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with joyful shouting; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad. Restore our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the South. Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.”

Psalm 126

It seemed like a dream.  The people of captivity had not only served their God-ordered time through being in exile, God had begun the process of restoration.  The temple was built.  The walls were complete.  The city of Jerusalem was safe.  Nehemiah brought all the Levites together, had massive amounts of choirs who through the dedication of the wall was a time of celebration.  I’m sure they never believed it would happen.

But it did.  And it came in God’s timing.

There are things we each hold to or wonder, will it ever happen?  There are countless tears we’ve cried over situations, people and our own life of regret.  We’re like those who dream.  Dream of something that is so far beyond our reach and seems to be impossible.

This lifetime brings a lot of sowing in tears.  Heartache is a constant.  Sadness and loneliness can be suffocating.  Disappointment often bites at our heels.  We stare into the future and think things will never change, people will never change, our life will never change.  What’s interesting to consider:

Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.

As the Psalm states, as the one who weeps is still sowing.  They’re scattering seed as they go even in deep sadness.  It’s really something to think about.  They don’t stop doing what they’ve been called to do.  In season and out of season, they continue their job.

God has the greatest ability to restore things that once were burnt up, broken, desolate.  Forest fires in time see new growth.  Broken bones heal.  And as much as it sounds cliche, God is able to bring good from any tragedy we are experiencing.

If we don’t have hope, then what do we have?  Some may be at a point of quitting.  Others may be in the mindset of ‘what’s the use?’  Darkness in some situation may be thick.  Beyond what the situation
dictates cling to, hold to, remind yourself that in time God’s great harvest of joy is coming.

-----

What really caught my eye was the part which says, the one who weeps is still sowing. They are scattering seed.  They don't stop doing what they've been called to do.  That is true with me.  Though I am contending for my healing, for the financial provision for the vision, I am still doing all that God has asked.   I am thankful for the people along the way who encourage me with kind words amazed at all I do despite the suffering....  It's those little things that strengthen me.    

My point with all this is this - just as it said - keep doing what you know that God has asked of you (whether that's a knowing in your heart, or simply what the Word of God asks us to do).   Stay in faith.  I don't always agree with the statement "His timing is perfect" but when it comes, hindsight will make sense of this.  It always does.   He will do what He says!!    

God has spoken to me often - that when the dream is realized, when the promises come forth, I'll say repeatedly pinch me to see if this is real.  And He says "they" will know that I AM the Lord your God! I cannot wait for that day!  

Prayer & Praises - 

Ken - please continue to pray for Ken - strength and endurance and for 40 hour work week.  He's already working outside these past 2 days with snow overnight and forecasted all week.  Montana hasn't decided it's spring yet.   

Michele - My friend and I have been working diligently on 1 of 4 books I am writing.  It's time consuming and takes a lot of mental energy.  Please pray for sleep - and mental focus.  I am still soliciting stories... something you've prayed for and how God answered.  If you would message me we can coordinate a time to chat and I can scribe while you share the story. 

Please pray for provision - for the vision and for everyday living.  God is faithful! We are trying to decide whether to sell our 2nd car.  Ken has a company truck..and we don't use the car often....but it would be expensive to replace it if the need arises.  

Our home group is so rich and rewarding....and so full of the Holy Spirit moving.  

Our pastor of church asked me to plan and do all regarding a Seder coming this Friday. So that has kept me busy and will through Friday pm.  

Saturday we head to Butte, Mt where we will see Bob Sorge speak.   He's from KC - and an amazing teacher.  We used to have him at our home church in Kc often.   There's a group of us going.  It will be a good time.  Please PRAY for NO snow or inclement weather as forecasted.  We are staying on top of a hill in a Airbnb - which we have before.  Literally a straight steep road down.  It will not be pleasant if there is bad weather.  Butte is also higher elevation which tends to have more snow. 

Thank you for your love and support of us and all that God is doing.  We are thankful for those of you who pray for us.  

Hugs, love and prayers.

Ken & Michele Cole 

michele@wantinsight.com

michelecole.thrivelife.com - quality freeze dried food - simple to use, quality, non GMO, nutritious & delicious.   I am looking for people who might want to host a Tasting Party - you can earn free food without even spending anything.  

Here are ways you can give if you feel led:

1.  Non tax deductible donations can be made to:

     Ken & Michele Cole, 103 Geneva Ave, Hamilton, MT 59840  (preferable as the options below will tax us) 

     This is the only way currently we can use funds for our personal needs at this time.  or through 

Paypal - paypal.me/micheleacole 

Venmo- @Michele-Cole-20

Cashapp - cash.app/$micheleacole2019     

2.  Tax deductible options:

     Checks payable to Sonlit Fields, 103 Geneva Ave, Hamilton, MT 59840

     This goes into our ministry account to be used for outreach and saving towards our vision.

     Donor Fund - The Signatry - Ken & Michele Cole - listed under Want InSight Fund.

     7171 W 95th Street, Suite 501, Overland Park, KS 66212

     Phone 913 310 0279

     www.thesignatry,com

     This is an option to keep gifts anonymous - again for outreach and savings toward our vision.


Vision

God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.  

The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted).  We will offer private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord. 

We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating people into the world & health and wellness retreats and more.  

The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers.  We are not wanting to replace their church, but better help them be ready to serve in their church. 

In our community building - we will eventually have a 24/7 prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.  

Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world.   To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas.  Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more souls into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!!  We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.  





No comments: