Monday, December 19, 2011

Fear not! I am with you in Peru!

Can you believe that we leave for Peru next week?

This past week I've been chewing on Proverbs 16:3 from the Amplified Bible - Roll your works upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and) so shall your plans be established and succeed. I have to say I've been struggling with the trust part. As you have read in previous posts, for me going to Peru is quite out of my comfort zone. I'm sure I'm going to love the people and love what God does there. That's not my fear. The fear is really irrational - fear of the unknown, I guess. Which equates to, do I trust God? Will He protect me? Will He keep me from harm? Will He provide my needs (ok and my comforts)?

God's Word is clear. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He even gave me this Scripture to meditate on and take comfort in: Acts 18:9-11 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God. The Lord has brought people around me/us this past month to speak into our lives, to share what they know, their experiences in traveling to a foreign land. Most has been comforting and encouraging. My logical mind knows all will be ok, but yet I still allow fear and unbelief to enter. And yet, God is so patient and loving and intentional to point me towards His Truth!

Let's get back to the Scripture I shared at the beginning of this post. The Lord is teaching me (I'm a slow learner) to commit (trust, pledge, to put God in charge) of this trip. Trust Him completely and then my thoughts (these fearful thoughts) will change and line up with HIs thoughts (renewing my mind, choosing to say I trust You God instead of dwelling on the fears) and then the plans that we have in Peru will be established and set in place and will succeed. And to me succeed means - God will have His way and the love of Jesus will flow out of us and into those who need a touch from the Lord. God is using this trip to help me face my fears and overcome, because we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony!! We are more than conquerors!

Peru facts:

There is 60% un/under employment because jobs are hard to find. Peru is considered one of the poorest countries in the world. There are 9 million people in Lima, Peru - that is more than New York City!!!!!
Rapid population growth
Limited space for city expansion (location in a valley, limited to the east by the Pacific Ocean, to the west by the Andes)
Informal way of urban development, in which people settle on the land before it even has been developed
Division of Lima into 43 separate districts, each with its own mayor and municipality (making joined decisions very difficult)
Undeveloped or even missing infrastructure and poverty in poorer areas and slums
Immense traffic without proper public transport system
Heavy air pollution
Lack of rain
Social inequality

Our prayer is that we will touch every person that God wants us to touch and that they will know the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit will overtake them! We want to see the fire of God burn the hearts of each soul and they will follow Jesus with radical obedience!

Again, we want to THANK YOU to all of you who have supported us financially. If you gave through Helping Hands, we do not know who you are (that is ok - unless you want us to know). So, we are saying THANK YOU here and that your gift is greatly appreciated. We are still short a sizeable amount but believe God will provide to the last penny.

THANK YOU to all who are praying for us and who have offered to pray for us during our trip. I will be sending out a prayer letter in the next week for specific things. If you would like to pray for us, please let me know.

This is how you can give if the Lord so leads you:

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.

3. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:

4. Paypal - account is michele@wantinsight.com

5. Send check to our home. Please contact us for the address.
Any donations made through Helping Hands will be anonymous. If you want us to know that you supported us through them, please let us know personally. Thank YOU


Ken and I thank you for being part of us as we walk into what God is asking of us!!

Also - reminder of some events coming up next year (that's only two weeks away).
JANAURY 2012
James Horan of Fresh Mercy Ministries will be here in January 21. We will be hosting him at our home to teach and minister. You can check him out at www.freshmercy.com. If you are interested in this event, please email me as seating is limited.

We will also be hosting another Shelf Reliance Food Storage show January 28. www.shelfreliance.com. If you are interested in attending, please email me.

FEBRUARY 2012

Jerry Baysinger of Life Healing Ministries http://lifehealingministries.us/ will be here February 18th. We will be hosting him at our home to teach and minister. God has used him mightily in the area of healing!! If you are interested in attending this event, please email me as seating is limited.


God Bless You!

Ken & Michele Cole

No comments: