Monday, January 2, 2012

Post from Peru

Just a quick note from Peru. It is amazing, hard, exciting, exhilirating, crazy, surprising and God is a sneaky God! HA! Oh and it is hot... long jeans, long sleeve shirts and hot, hot, hot. NO a-c. And did I tell you that there are 9 million people here. The traffic is crazy. And we have been driving around with 6 of us in a little toyota corolla, 4 in the back, me on Kens lap.

New Years Eve the service went from 10p to 5a. Wow! Peruvians party to all hours of the morning! When we get home, I will type up different stories.. but know that God has been showing up mightily. Just about everybody we have prayed for in person, on the radio and on tv has been healed. The words of knowledge have been flowing, creative miracles, deaf ears opened two different people. I prayed for a little girl Delila and fell in love with her. I dont know if I will see her again but if I do, I may just bring her home. HA!

My health has taken a slight turn downwards... achey, fever, migraines, chest congestion and cough. Gods grace is here!

As I said earlier, God is sneaky.... James the guy we came with is on the way to the airport as I type this. Please keep him and his family in prayer. So.. God used James to get us here and now Ken and I are on our own. We do have Sammy, his translator with us and we bonded instantly with him. He is fun! So please pray for how God will use us leading. Tonight when he started the service, he called us up and prayed a blessing over us and released us to this church. They received us well and we are excited to have some more fun with them!

I have to tell you real quickly...five years ago the Lord spoke to us and showed us a picture of two trees..two years later we were at Morningstar in South Carolina and they prophysied over us we would travel and they saw two trees. Ken and I always joke about that... he says it is two trees and a hammock and I tell him it means a Doubletree hotel. Well, are you sitting down.. the first night we arrived at our hotel...Hotel Internacional, the logo is two trees!!!!! I think it was a compromise..because it is NOT the Doubletree..and it is not a hammock but somewhere in between. Can you believe that 5 years ago God had planned for us to be here! God is good!

We will get to see my niece on Friday and meet her new husband... and then home Saturday arriving Sunday. Cannot wait for that! Whoohoo!

Thank YOU, muchos gracias, to all of you who have been praying for us. We feel the love and we are giving it away to the Peruvians! They are precious children of God! Whoohoo! God is good and His faithful love endures forever.

Anyways, got to go for now.. but more when we return. Adios amigos!

Ken and Michele
Servants of the Lord
Alabados sea Dios which means Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blessings to you both and your Family. You are GREAT ENCOURAGERS in the Lord wherever you go!