Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What do you do when you're tired, weary and ready to give up?

What to do when you're tired, weary and ready to give up?

Have you ever been in a position that you were completely at the mercy of another? Maybe you felt helpless or trapped wondering if things would ever change for you.  What do you do when you're in this position?  What do you do when God has promised you one thing but everything you see and feel in the natural screams the opposite?

I'm tired, weary and ready to give up.  I'm tired of pain!  In just the past two weeks, I've been given two new health diagnosis!  Osteoarthritis in my right leg for one - I have had 3 injections to help cushion the joints but the pain is still there.  The doctor really doesn't have any hope unless these injections magically go to work (they should have by now).  The second diagnosis is still in progress, but I woke up 10 days ago, not able to move.  My back is in excruciating debilitating pain and having sciatica pain because of the back pain.  I haven't slept in I can't tell you how long due to the pain.  X-rays show that something is wrong in the lower back but further testing will need to be done.  The doctor prescribed a strong anti-inflammatory in the meantime.  NO! NO! NO!  When I left the doctors office, I thought I would scream, instead I just cried.  I couldn't even pray.  I just kept asking God why?  Why more pain? Why?

Throughout my entire walk with the Lord, I have heard Him whisper to me "healing is coming".  I even have felt I've heard Him say by this September.  That's just a few weeks away.  Is it possible?  Of course it is if you believe the Scripture that says with God all things are possible?  But in the natural when not one but two more chronic diagnosis get added to the already long list of issues, how do you continue to believe?  What is the Lord trying to teach me that I have to endure even more pain?  I've asked, I've listened and what I hear is "I am with you daughter".   No offense God, I know that.  And don't get me started on what others think the "answer" is!  Sorry...just being honest!

This is where I feel hedged in.  I am at God's mercy!  There really isn't anything I can do but beg for mercy to be able to endure.  However, I feel that my prayers aren't worth the effort.  What's the point?
Now before you think that I've gone off the deep end or am turning away from the Lord, I am not!  I am just being honest and real with you.  For those of you who know me, know this is who God created me to be.

In my quiet time Psalm 40:1-3 (amp) spoke to me.  "I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord".

I've read this Scripture many times, in fact it was already underlined in my bible.  So I asked myself, have I been waiting patiently?  Am I not learning patience so do I have to go around the mountain again?  Am I not expectant?  Has He heard my cry (cries)?  Is that why I'm still in this pit of pain?  When will the new song be put in my mouth?  So again, I cried out to the Lord and asked Him, why Lord? When will I see my healing?  (excerpt from my journal) And I hear "My grace is sufficient for you and you will see your healing soon.  Very soon, my precious daughter.  You have done nothing wrong.  This is not a consequence.  This is all for My glory.  There is nothing you can do, there is nothing you have to do.  Continue to trust and be confident in My love for you.  My heart is for you.  I am with you daughter.  Rest in My Presence and wait expectantly for My timing".  

The Lord told me the body of Christ has been in a long season of great strengthening and faith building through our pain and suffering.  Yours might not be health related, maybe financial or relational?  God is preparing many of us for what lies ahead.  The Church is taking on a new look.  Our identity must be in Christ and Christ alone.  Our identity is not in what we do, our titles, our positions, our bank accounts or "what" size church we go to.  We are the Church.  God is raising up people that will give Him all the glory (Isaiah 42:8) and not take any for themselves.  God is a jealous God!  God is raising up people that will give up everything they have for the sake of the gospel and for those who minister the gospel.  This doesn't mean He is asking everyone to sell their home and possessions, but He is looking for hearts that will if He did! (2 Chron 16:9)  God is raising up people that seek Him first (Matt 6:33) and who will heed the voice of the Lord.  Do we turn to our pensions and bank accounts, false gods or things of this world for comfort and peace or do we turn to God and trust and believe that He will take care of all our needs (Phil 4:19)?  

What is it you do when you're tired, weary and ready to give up? 

  •  Choose Jesus!  He is not an option, He is an absolute necessity!
  •  Don't give up - fight the good fight!  God has given us the victory!
  •  Solicit prayers from family and friends 
  •  If God has promised you something, believe for it.  He is faithful and will keep His promise!


I end with another verse that He gave me to meditate on.  I pray it encourages you and it has me.  

Psalm 30:11-12  You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness.  To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!  (emphais mine)

Let's not be silent!  Let's praise the name of Jesus forever and bring glory to His name!  

We covet your prayers - prayers for endurance, healing, provision, God's love to overtake us and however else the Lord leads.  Ken too!  He has to endure me :)

Friday 8/31 - we will be hosting a Shelf Reliance Food Tasting Show - email me for time and details michele@wantinsight.com      http://kerryblack.shelfreliance.com.  Check out the website.  Great tasting, economical 25 year shelf life food.  Come check it out if you are interested in learning more.  Call (913)980-2059  Kerry Black if you want to order before the show.  


If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support us financially, here's how you can.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling.   


Ken and I love to pray for folks who need a touch from the Lord - with words of encouragement, words of knowledge and a healing touch.  If you are someone in need, please let us know.  We also have a passion to activate and influence believers to walk in radical obedience to a fun and wonderful God!  There is just nothing like it!  

If you are interested in Ken and I coming to minister to you, your small group or church, please give us a call.  We would be delighted to!

God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.  
(any donations made through HH is anonymous..so if you want us to know, please let us know).
3.  You can donate through our Donor Fund at National Christian Foundation:

Donate to Ken & Michele Cole-  The Want InSight Phil 4:19 Fund !


4. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:
 Paypal - 
5.  If you purchase any product from www.bulkfoodinvesting.com or www.preparetheway.com, we will receive a percentage back.

6. Send check to our home. Please contact us for our address.

Events Coming UP!

Jubilee Ministry Center - 189 S Rogers Road, Olathe, KS

Tony Kemp
Friday, August 17th 7:00pm
Saturday, August 18th 7:00pm

Sunday Service, August 19th 10:30am

A love offerings will be taken.

2 comments:

April said...

I've been praying as another friend of mine is waiting for the realization of a promise from God, and a contrast of the 'two Adams' came to mind. The first one gave into the voice of doubt, rather than refusing to listen to it and only trust what God had said (sidenote: sometimes I wonder if he even recognized it as a false voice). In so doing, he lost the promise of God (though not completely). The Second Adam also heard that voice of doubt, but he persevered in trust to the glory of God and man. I find this contrast helpful in keeping my focus during times when I don't know why I'm going through circumstances. I pray you are encouraged, and am trusting with you for healing!

Melanie McDonald said...

Hello, I found your blog today by searching "what to do when your a tired Christian". I am tired. I am weary. Have you ever felt that you just want to run away for a few days, just to be somewhere quiet without distractions to be alone and to refocus? Thats how I feel at the moment. Your blog has given me some hope - I am not alone in feeling like this.
I would appreciate your prayers.

Melanie x