Monday, October 15, 2012

What Keeps Your Focus? Upcoming Events




WHAT KEEPS YOUR FOCUS?

When you look at this glass - do you see it half empty or half full?  
When you are going through tough times or life throws you some unwanted circumstances, what are you focusing on?  Do you focus on what you lack or on what you do have?  Are you seeing the hinderance or do you see an opportunity?  Do you see the giants or do you see promises of God?  

In the book of Numbers, there's a powerful story about how our thoughts and actions can affect our destiny.  To preface the Scripture highlighted below, Moses tells God's people that they will receive a new land called the Promised Land.  It's a land filled with milk and honey.   The Israelites sent twelve spies into the land first, to see what kind of enemy they were up against.  When they came back they...well, let's read it first hand.....

They gave Moses this account: “We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit.  But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.  The Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.

Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”

But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”  And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.

Ten of the twelve spies focused on the giants!  They saw the obstacles and hinderances.  They saw the glass half empty.   However, Joshua and Caleb - they took a different view point.  They saw that the land was good and they had confidence they could overcome the giants because they had faith that God was giving them this land.  They saw opportunity.  They saw provision.  They saw the glass half full.  Their focus was not on how big and bad the enemies were.  They were focused on how good their God was and is!    

A pastor once said that if you don't have any hardships in your life, then you must not be a threat to the devil.  On the flip side, if you are experiencing what may be an unfair share of trials and tribulations, praise God!

The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy; I come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.  John 10:10 

When I first became a believer, one of the first sermons I heard was about putting on the full armor of God out of Ephesians 6:10.  The pastor was very graphic and had many word pictures describing the battle Christians go through.  If it were a movie, it would of been Rated R for graphic violence and bloody scenes.  He had a way of preaching that put you right in the middle of it.  I remember thinking to myself during that sermon, wow, who are the people that have to go through this.  I sure don't want to.  Ha Ha!

A year later,  someone prophesied over me that the enemy had an assignment for my life and that he was going to do all he could to take me out and plans to destroy me.  Being vulnerable and new in learning about God, I took this threat as literal.  The seed was planted and I allowed it to take root, not knowing yet how to fight it.   (just for the record, I don't think the person who prophesied over me meant it for harm, but definitely delivered it inappropriately).

My entire life has been a battle.  I won't go into detail, but I can tell you that even before I became a believer, the enemy was out to get me and now that I am a believer he has called in the heavy artillery to do whatever he can to take me out!   My health challenges and doctors reports have had me believing that my life could be coming to an end.  The Lord tells me to trust Him and believe that He has good for me and that He has plans for my life and that my life is not over.

Not long ago, the Lord gave me a dream where Satan himself swooped down looking like a pterodactyl and pounced on me.  I was fighting him using the name of Jesus, but he was very overpowering.  I was being wooped.  I was weary and just about dead, when I called on the name of Jesus with much more authority and with a shout of praise... and Satan looked at me and said, you win for now, but I'll be back.  When I awoke, the Lord showed me that I had overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.  I received the victory.  

Each day is a struggle for me physically and can be emotionally too!   The battle is wearisome!   Even though the battle is the Lords, it is my responsibility to keep my eyes fixed on JESUS.  I must focus on His Word and His Promises!  Just a few days ago, in my quiet time, I asked the Lord again... will I live?  Will we get to see the promises You have spoken to Ken and I?  Or, am I going to die?  The next morning a Facebook friend posted on my wall (I haven't spoke to her for probably a year)......Here's what she wrote:  Thinking about you today..."Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living." Psalm 27 NLT. The Lord bless you and all that you love...immeasurably!!  The Lord again in His mercy, gave me reassurance.   

Psalm 73:26 
My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
I want to encourage you today...no matter what circumstances you are facing keep your eyes FOCUSED on JESUS!  Focus on His Word!  Our faith is strengthened and our minds refreshed when we meditate on His Promises for our lives!  Focus on the goodness of God, not on the lies the enemy is speaking to you.  Focus on the opportunity God has for you and not the obstacles.  See your circumstances from God's viewpoint!  And, ff you need reassurance, just ask Him for it.  He is faithful and His mercy and lovingkindness are forever.

 "When you see a need try to meet it. Indifference makes an excuse, but love finds a way. -Joyce Meyer"


If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support us financially, here's how you can.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling.   


Ken and I love to pray for folks who need a touch from the Lord - with words of encouragement, words of knowledge and a healing touch.  If you are someone in need, please let us know.  We also have a passion to activate and influence believers to walk in radical obedience to a fun and wonderful God!  There is just nothing like it!  

If you are interested in Ken and I coming to minister to you, your small group or church, please give us a call.  We would be delighted to!

God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.  
(any donations made through HH is anonymous..so if you want us to know, please let us know).
3.  You can donate through our Donor Fund at National Christian Foundation:

Donate to Ken & Michele Cole-  The Want InSight Phil 4:19 Fund !


4. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:
 Paypal - 
5.  If you purchase any product from www.bulkfoodinvesting.com or www.preparetheway.com, we will receive a percentage back.
6. Send check to our home. Please contact us for our address.  

UPCOMING EVENTS 


Thurman Scrivner - Healing

October 31 - November 3 - Olathe, KS

Time:Wednesday - 7 PM
Thursday - 7 PM
Friday - 7 PM
Saturday - 10 AM
Where:Jubilee Ministry Center 
189 S Rogers Rd
Olathe, KS 66062-1676
(913) 592-4030
Click here for map
Contact:Pastors Dan & Cindie Crevier - (913) 488-6749
WWW: jubilee01@earthlink.net 
Email: jubileeministry.com
Dr Gary Wood - Dec 7th - 9th at Jubilee - This guy died & God brought him back to life!  Powerful anointing for healing!  
Tony Kemp - March 8-10th 2013 at Jubilee - Healing & Prophetic!  Good stuff! 

No comments: