These past weeks have been a whirlwind of overwhelming circumstances.
- A sister got diagnosed with a brain aneurysm - awaiting results of brain angioplasty to determine next step....none of which are without great risk. And the doctor said since two of my siblings have now had aneurysm's - all of the remaining siblings should be tested as their is a high probability of has having one. (Not receiving this curse in my spirit)
- A brother had a heart attack and had a stent put in. His "widow maker" artery was 99% blocked! By God's grace, he's alive!! He's only 2 years older than me.
- Same brother's wife also had a heart attack and had stents put in and has to return for more stents in 30 days.
- A brother fell down some steps and broke his knee in half and the recovery/rehab will be long, painful and with chance of not a favorable outcome.
- Ken's father suddenly not well, went to ER and 5 day hospital stay with a serious blood infection (and still getting daily iv treatments) AND discovered a leaky heart valve awaiting doctor's visit for next step.
|Ha ha! (maybe I do look like this)|
- Another sister - ongoing for 2.5 years rapid weight loss- still no diagnosis and is not able to eat much or drink more than 500 calories a day without painful side effects.
- A brother in law with cancer and treatments are winding down.
-I already told you this - but we have to move our stuff out of ladies basement and into storage and this weekend is the time. It's not just moving it - we have to HEPA vacuum, wipe and spray with mold killer every box (and possibly it's contents) before we can load to store in storage unit. The logistics surrounding all this has been intense.
-You've heard this before - but Canyon, our dog, is still in decline. Somedays I think I'm being selfish and keeping him alive way beyond his days.... and other days I think God will surely tell me like he has in the past when is the best time. This is heart wrenching!!!
-Did I tell you our landlord selling the house - the sale fell through so new potential buyers came out this past weekend to look at it? Up in the air on living situation too???
-Sleep deprivation is NOT my friend in all this!!!
-Pain levels have been unbelievable.
-Finances - we are learning daily manna! (we still eat, have shelter and clothes on our back)
-Hope deferred on our destiny - wondering when and sometimes if it's going to happen!
There have been times these past couple weeks that I thought I should just check myself in somewhere or pack a bag and leave for a deserted island. Not a bad idea?
But God! God is good! He is faithful and He is our rock and our refuge! How would we be effective at running a retreat/refuge if we hadn't had first hand experience in truly trusting God as our refuge, as our safe place! None of this is for naught! We realize that. God has been taking us deeper and deeper into a relationship full of unwavering faith.
There are so many people who are experiencing even greater trials than we are. I am overwhelmed, to be honest, at how many faithful followers who are being tested to the limits. I have a sense of God showing up soon to those who have been forged by fire. Suddenly things are going to shift and become the most glorious testimony of God's goodness! Watch & See!
Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. Habakkuk 1:5
An hour of waiting!
Thank YOU so much for your ongoing support, prayers, love and care for us and our ministry. We are honored to be able to pray for those who reach out to us. Please let me know if you have any prayer needs. For those who have been reaching out, thank you! I am praying for your requests.
If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what God is doing through us - financially, below are a few options. Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling.
Ken & Michele Cole
Tax deductible & non tax deductible donations can be made:
1. Checks made payable to Sonlit Fields, PO Box 371, El Dorado Springs, MO 64744 or if you prefer anonymous giving - you can give through our Donor Fund
2. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by: THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET MONEY TO US FOR DAILY USE.
Paypal - www.paypal.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Donor Fund - Contact National Christian Foundation - Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight Fund - Tax deductible
7171 W. 95th Street, Suite 501
Overland Park, KS 66212
Fax: 913.227.0254 www.nationalchristian.com
God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.
The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted). We will offer private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord.
We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating people into the world & health and wellness retreats and more.
The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers. We are not wanting to replace their church, but better help them be ready to serve in their church.
In our community building - we will eventually have a 24/7 prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.
Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world. To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas. Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more souls into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!! We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.