Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tell My People to Prepare......Their Hearts

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13 

As I was sitting here this morning, I asked the Lord what was on His heart.  What did He want His people to hear today.  And I heard "tell my people to prepare....their hearts."  

Well, that's a loaded statement.  Who am I Lord to answer that question?  And He says.... wisdom from above will lead you and guide you.  

Who knows that our world we live in is in very tumultuous times?  What news can we trust? What can we hear or read that is truth and not biased and leading opinions?  

One of my favorite quotes is this by Abraham Lincoln - "Don't believe everything you read on the internet"     Ok....I'm pretty sure he didn't really say this - but just making a point.  LOL!! 

How can we prepare our hearts?  What does that look like? How can we know truth from lies or truth from half truths?  How can we know which direction God wants us to go?  

I can only look to the Scriptures to find these answers - here are a few I found: 

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27 

Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21 

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:5 

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.  Jeremiah 33:3 (Ken's life verse) 

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.  John 16:13 

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.  Psalm 32:8 

There are so many nuggets of wisdom in the Word of God that give us assurance that God leads us, that He is directing our steps and that we know His voice.   

We often second guess ourselves.  We ask is this God's will.  If it's in His Word or doesn't contradict His word, it is most likely Him.   

The most important thing we can do now TO PREPARE OUR HEARTS is to truly be committed to reading, studying and applying His Word in our lives.   The more we fill ourselves with His Truth, the more we will be confident in knowing what God is saying to us.  We will find ourselves in peace in the midst of trials and tribulation.   We will find provision in the midst of lack.  We will find strength and encouragement in the midst of uncertainty.    

The next would be to committed to a home group/fellowship.  The Church is great and I'm not discounting what that can do for us......but it is in the smaller home groups that we become real. We are more likely to be authentic and transparent which enables us to grow and become more like Christ.   

We also need to be "practicing" hearing God's voice.  It's easy to discount what we hear as our voice, or easily the voice of the enemy (John 10:10) but how do we practice hearing God's voice...  first and foremost it means get in the Word.  His voice will become second nature.  The other that I learned early on - if you have an intersecting thought.  Imagine with me you're going about your day and someone's name pops in your head.  Ask the Lord why? Ask the Lord how He wants you to pray?  Ask the Lord if you should reach out to them and just let them know you're thinking of them and praying for them.  Being on the receiving end of that is encouraging at least.    Here's a recent example of that.  Yesterday morning I was sitting with the Lord and this couple (who I do not know) who lives in Mexico came to mind.  (they are friends of friends our home group).   I began to pray as I felt a spirit of death on the husband.  I felt he was in a very dark place and he wasn't safe.  I reached out to my friend and she told me that he had attempted suicide and was in the hospital.  I told her what I had sensed and added a few other things I heard.  She said it was spot on.   

God wants us to know His voice.  He wants us to be so deeply in love with Him that we will do whatever He says to do.  We must be obedient and we must ACT on whatever it is.  Sometimes that will be for our own protection and safety and other times it will be for others.  We need to be able to encourage the body of Christ in these tumultuous times.  We need to be sober and alert.  We need to know that He will give us the grace we need to accomplish all He asks.   

Are you willing?  Are you willing to look different & act different than the world?  Are you willing to do whatever He says without question?  

I am!!  I'm all in.  I won't say it's easy, but it's rewarding and He is faithful!  

What is He asking of you today?  Will you do it?  

Here's a little excerpt from David Jeremiah:

Never forget, prophecy is practical!
God lets us in on His plans for the future so we can establish our plans for today. His promises should shape our priorities and sustain our spirits. Billy Graham said, “When the ‘evil day’ comes, we do not have to be dependent upon the circumstances around us, but rather on the resources of God.”
Christians are not normal people. They are extraordinary people living with supernatural power in a downward-spiraling world. We are on a mission to help others and to spread gospel hope. There’s a glorious work for you to do.
We can no longer operate with confusion or complacency. The last days are accelerating, and to me it’s exhilarating. Let’s stand as never before with biblical, Spirit-inspired determination, committed to serve Christ with all our hearts, whether by life or by death.

This I know with all my mind and believe with all my heart: time is short. Our Lord’s words are unflagging and unfailing. They must shape our priorities and energize our plans. As we study our Lord’s great sermon, every word of it underscores our mission. Every syllable establishes our glorious priorities as we await His impending return—that blessed hope—and as we say, Amen! Even so, come Lord Jesus!"

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22


Prayer & Praise - 

I've said it before but I'll say it again- I am soooooooo THANKFUL for God shifting us into this new rental home.  God has provide so faithfully to provide things we need - refrigerator, 2 couches, blinds for doors & windows, buffet, 3 ceiling fans, carpet for the garage.... wow!!!

Pray for Ken's back please- He is doing some better but still is hurting when he sits down.  He pulled a muscle a couple weeks ago working.   Pray for endurance for him.  

Pray for me please - sleep & pain.   Someday I will share of God's goodness of healing but until that time, I need the ability to endure.  

Pray for provision please- we are still navigating double rent and utilities.  Doing all we can to keep costs down so no surprises (hopefully).   Groceries here are ridiculous.  We try to make it up to Missoula (an hour away) to shop at Winco where its much more affordable but with a gas over $4 here - we have to have a pretty big list to make it worth the trip.  Pray for my Thrive Life business to grow and more opportunity to share it.  michelecole.thrivelife.com  

Please pray for my neighbors - two opportunities so far to share the gospel.  Pray it's received! 

Please let me know how I can pray for you.  I am thankful for those who reach out with prayer requests.   

Hugs, love and prayers.

Ken & Michele Cole 

michele@wantinsight.com

michelecole.thrivelife.com - quality freeze dried food - simple to use, quality, non GMO, nutritious & delicious.  

Here are ways you can give if you feel led:

1.  Non tax deductible donations can be made to:

     Ken & Michele Cole, 103 Geneva Ave, Hamilton, MT 59840  (preferable as the options below will tax us) 

     This is the only way currently we can use funds for our personal needs at this time.  or through 

Paypal - paypal.me/micheleacole 

Venmo- @Michele-Cole-20

Cashapp - cash.app/$micheleacole2019     


2.  Tax deductible options:

     Checks payable to Sonlit Fields, 103 Geneva Ave, Hamilton, MT 59840

     This goes into our ministry account to be used for outreach and saving towards our vision.

     Donor Fund - The Signatry - Ken & Michele Cole - listed under Want InSight Fund.

     7171 W 95th Street, Suite 501, Overland Park, KS 66212

     Phone 913 310 0279

     www.thesignatry,com

     This is an option to keep gifts anonymous - again for outreach and savings toward our vision.

Vision

God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.  

The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted).  We will offer private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord. 

We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating people into the world & health and wellness retreats and more.  

The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers.  We are not wanting to replace their church, but better help them be ready to serve in their church. 

In our community building - we will eventually have a 24/7 prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.  

Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world.   To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas.  Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more souls into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!!  We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.  


 




No comments: