Thursday, December 15, 2016

Get a Grip!

 Oh! Teach us to live well!
    Teach us to live wisely and well!
Come back, God—how long do we have to wait?—
    and treat your servants with kindness for a change.
Surprise us with love at daybreak;
    then we’ll skip and dance all the day long.
Make up for the bad times with some good times;
    we’ve seen enough evil to last a lifetime.
Let your servants see what you’re best at—
    the ways you rule and bless your children.
And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us,
    confirming the work that we do.
    Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do! 

Psalm 90:12-17 The Message

Have you ever played "connect the dots".   If you don't remember, it's basically a bunch of dots on a piece of paper that are numbered and you take your pen or pencil and go from number to number.  When you've connected all the dots, it reveals a picture.  Like the one above, is an example of a brain. 

My brain works like a connect the dot game.  As information or things I've read or heard enter in, and especially if they are similar in nature, then my brain goes to work and starts connecting and seeing patterns.  I know I'm a little odd, but this is often how God speaks to me and what is going on with me, and sometimes for the Church as a whole.  This gives me strategy on how and what to pray.  

This past week, I'm thinking there might be a fuse burnt out in my brain.  Just kidding!  I have had an onslaught of thoughts, both the miraculous and the opposite.  Instead of my brain connecting the dots, it feels like a pinball machine.  It's so intense, I really don't know what to do.  I don't know how to pray, so I've been finding myself praying in the Spirit more.  

When we connect with friends, the usual question to us is "how are things going with the retreat property?  And our answer is "everything & nothing".  By everything, I mean we are seeing God's hands in connections we are continuing to make.  People who can help us with the project when it starts and people who just offer up some incredible wisdom and insight.  And in looking backwards, we can see why there has been what we call "delay".  It's not really delay but daily steps towards a humongous goal that we need every ounce of help God can give us!  So why are we so discouraged?  

God continues to speak encouragement and "stay the course".  Prophetic words from just about everyone are this is the season for breakthrough, miracles and stepping into destiny. Most of which resonate wholeheartedly with what God speaks to me...... even through the Christmas songs that God has been putting on my heart each morning - songs of hope and laughter and celebration.... and the Christmas movies we have been watching.....all in the nick of time, God provides a miracle at Christmas.  Coincidental? 

This post I read today described exactly where we are at.  I have permission to share it with you.  

December 15, 2016-GET A GRIP! DON’T LET YOUR GRIP SLIP ON YOUR PROMISE NOW! 
Good Morning My Loves,
For the past few days I’ve been discerning an atmosphere of “irrational fear.” I use the word “irrational” because it makes no sense. I began picking up on thoughts of fear of financial ruin, physical illness, relational breakdown, fear of failure, fear of the future, fear of this, that, and everything….!” 
At first I thought it was the normal warfare that the enemy brings, so I bound him in Jesus name and declared, “I do not have a spirit of fear, but one of love, power, and a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7)
I felt God’s peace come over me, yet I was still discerning an atmosphere of fear. I asked the Holy Spirit, “What is this? He said, “You are discerning that men’s hearts are full of fear and will fail them unless they “take Me at my Word!” They must stand guard over their hearts and minds in this season. The enemy is launching a full frontal assault to get my people into fear doubt and unbelief, so that they’ll forfeit their promise. They must not come in agreement with fear. Again, they must “take Me at my Word!”   
The devil is trying to get a foothold through unbelief! The best way to combat the devil is to believe God’s Word which clearly says that “HE NEVER FAILS!” He can be trusted to keep his promise! Our job is to hold on unswervingly, resolutely, with a firm grip to our confession of faith!
Hebrews 10:23 (AMP)
23 Let us seize and hold tightly the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is reliable and trustworthy and faithful [to His word];
It’s time to shut the door in the devil’s face and reinforce it with faith. He’s got his battering ram out, but it cannot withstand God’s Word and your faith!”
-Get a grip!
-Get a firm grip!
-Don’t let your grip slip on your promise right now!
-Hold on to what belongs to you and let the devil know, “It belongs to me devil. The Word says so. You’ve gotta go! Get OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS! I will not be shaken.”
-Begin to thank God for the way He has taken care of you up to this point.
-Put some worship music on and shout about it. Rehearse all the ways He has come through for you in the past, and keep on shoutin!
-Release a torrent of testimonies about the faithfulness of God. 
As you do this you’ll drive out all “illogical” and “irrational” thoughts regarding the future as you stand in the truth of who God IS, and what He’s ALREADY DONE!
Your increase, because of your tenacious faith, is going to bring God so much glory. You’re about to be enriched in EVERY WAY! You’re going to be able to help so many people, and it will result in much thanksgiving to our glorious and faithful God. The devil knows it, and he’s not happy about it!
2 Corinthians 9:11(AMP)
11 You will be enriched in every way so that you may be generous, and this [generosity, administered] through us is producing thanksgiving to God [from those who benefit].
Get ready, you’re about to realize what the enemy tried to keep you from. It’s so close! It’s fulfillment season. Stay in faith!
I love you all! PV - www.soulharvestwc.org
(The Wisdom Love Letters by Verna Brown)
Bullseye!!  This is the "dot" I needed to connect the dots.  Otherwise, I might of found myself checked into the local psychiatric ward.  Just kidding again!  
After saying all this, we need some clear direction from the Lord.  Ken has a job interview tomorrow that would be full time, 40 hours a week and a few more dollars an hour!  If God is not ready to deliver the miracle we need, this would be a great blessing!  Also, I got a call from a place I submitted my resume too.  They would like to interview me.  I am really seeking God's will in this.  It's full time.  Two issues - 1.  Canyon, our dog, we can't leave him for more than a few hours at a time and definitely not 40 hours a week. Until he passes I don't think a job for me would work out.  2.  My health, I am still not sleeping well and get my best and sometimes only sleep between 5-830am.  And my pain levels are such that standing or even sitting is uncomfortable unless I can keep my leg up.  Ideally, if I could return to work, I think easing into it part time would be best.  This company is wanting full time.  But, asking God to make it clear.    
It's so hard to know what to do - contend, believe, stand and know that God is going to come through soon as He's promising..... OR......give up on the idea for now and just go back to work.  And if the latter, does hope deferred once again go deeper and deeper.  We just want to do what God brought us here to do and come alive in Him!!  
I am BELIEVING for a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!  (I hope it's this Christmas, Lord)
Prayer need on car - we took to shop, they ordered an oil sensor.  When the part comes in, they will install that and also do an oil pressure test.  If it's low pressure, 3 mechanics have told us it is NOT worth it to replace the pump as cost prohibitive. They said that we should just drive it until it dies and it could at anytime. UGH!  We need this to be just the sensor.....or we will have NO transportation.  But God!!

THANK YOU to those who are so FAITHFUL to pray for us and encourage us through texts, emails & phone calls!  I can't express how much that means to us.

If we can pray for you, please let us know how!  And for those who have asked for prayers, I am praying for your requests.

Merry Christmas
Ken & Michele Cole & Canyon too!


If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what God is doing through us - financially, below are a few options.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling. 

Megablessings  - 
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible & non tax deductible donations can be made: 
1.  Checks made payable to Sonlit Fields, PO Box 371, El Dorado Springs, MO 64744 or if you prefer anonymous giving - you can give through our Donor Fund 

2.  Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:  THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET MONEY TO US FOR DAILY USE. 
 Paypal - www.paypal.com  (michele@wantinsight.com) 

3. Donor Fund - Contact National Christian Foundation - Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight Fund - We will be changing the name in the near future.   Tax deductible 
    706 North Lindenwood Drive
    Olathe, KS 66062
    Phone: 913.310.0279
    Fax: 913.227.0254     www.nationalchristian.com 

Vision
God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.  
The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted).  We will offer 30-50 private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, screened in porches and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord. 
We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating, health and wellness retreats and more.  

The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers.  We are not wanting to replace their church, but more help them be ready to serve in their church. 
In our community building - we will have a 24/7 (eventually)  prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.  

Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world.   To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas.  Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!!  We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.  





Copyright © 2016, Michele A. Cole  All rights reserved.  Only with expressed written permission will these posts be allowed to be duplicated, copied or transmitted.  











No comments: