Thursday, December 8, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - or is it?

shelleyhallmark.me photo
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

What does Christmas mean to you?  Do you look forward to this time of year?  As the song says, it's the most wonderful time of year.  Is this true in your life?  

When my dad died December 27, 1995, Christmas died too.  My dad loved Christmas.  I think it truly was his favorite time of year.  And before his death, it was for me.  I was giddy about Christmas.  I loved finding or creating the perfect gift(s) for everyone on my list.  Each year, I would try to outdo myself and do whatever it took to find the right gift to make the recipient squeal with delight.  Ok, maybe not squeal but would be thrilled with what they received.  


I remember as a kid, my parents told me that if I went to bed and got to sleep, that when I woke up Santa would have come, but if I didn't sleep, he wouldn't.   I was too excited to sleep, but I made sure I kept my eyes closed so Santa would think I was sleeping and bring the gifts.  When I got up in the morning, I would run down the stairs to the living room and see lots and lots of gifts, spread out across the entire room.  (There were 9 of us kids).  Oh and on Christmas Eve, we would stand around the piano and sing carols and put baby Jesus in his crib in the manger scene we had.  

As an adult, I loved putting up our Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving Day and decorating every room in the house.  I was very proactive and would try to have my shopping or creative gifts done by early December at the latest.  I so loved seeing wrapped Christmas presents under the tree.  (I still do). 


But when my dad died......all of this joy and excitement just left me.  Poof.  I couldn't muster the excitement or joy of the season at all.  I didn't care if we had a Christmas tree and honestly up until this year, we haven't had one.  I didn't decorate the house either.  We didn't buy gifts for friends or family (mostly because our finances didn't allow), but the spirit to buy kind of dissipated too.  As a Christian, the thought of Christmas and how "commercialized" it became saddened me.  The true meaning of Christmas got diluted.  Last year, Kirk Cameron had a movie out called "Saving Christmas".  We went and saw it and it did help me change my perspective a little.  It's a good movie, I recommend it.   And yet, Christmas was still blah to me.  Now, I don't mean to sound like a scrooge and I didn't frown on anyone having or celebrating Christmas....but it was just another day to me.  


These last few days I've been waking up to a Christmas song on my heart.  Whenever I wake up to a song, I generally take notice, because God often speaks to me through songs. Each day I have googled the song I awoke to, listen to it and then read the words.  I would journal the words that leaped out at me.  I sense the Lord is wanting to restore the joy & the excitement of Christmas in my life and the celebration of Jesus coming into the world to save us and redeem us.  Each new day and new song is giving me just that.....a little more joy, a little more hope and a new found desire to celebrate.  


This year for our 30th Anniversary, Ken made me a different style Christmas Tree (pictured)....one that is more suitable for where we are in life.  The presents are just empty boxes because as I said, I love looking at gifts under a tree!  But I am truly enjoying this and am anxiously hopeful of full restoration in my heart and spirit.  And am prayerful that He will restore our finances so that we can be generous to those who have so little.   Oh and I'm getting excited about Ken's folks coming HERE for Christmas Day!  I will prepare a nice dinner for us and they are planning on coming to our church service!  Hooray! 

It truly is the most wonderful time of year - 


    Emmanuel - God With Us! 


Thank YOU for all who pray for us and check in on us!  You don't know how much that means!

Prayer/Praise - 
Ken is still getting upwards of 35-40 a hours this week.  Pray for increase.  We are still shy about $1000 a month in what we need.  
 - Please pray for our vehicle situation - the oil light has been coming on regularly for a few weeks.  Could be a sensor or low oil pressure?  After prayer with friends, the next day God through a friend told us about a mechanic here that was very reasonable.  We have an appt with him next Wednesday and he said he would check a few things at no cost!  This is huge.  We just don't have the ability to do any major repairs.  Need God to show up here too!  We've been praying for a newer suv a tad bigger.....and then could have 2 cars again.  I am not able to go to arthritic swim class as I had been which does help my pain.  

Michele - little to no sleep & pain - so ready for God's healing touch.   Please also pray that I get enough sleep to allow cognitive function to write the books I feel the Lord is wanting me to do in this season.  So hard to get motivated with little mental energy. 
Oh & I cancelled my Thrive Life website to save money.  But am still a consultant.  If you decide you would like some, please email me and I can help you directly.  Thanks! 

Canyon - he is plugging along.  so thankful that God is keeping him alive & well.  His hind legs are showing weakness...and am praying God keeps them strong until his last breath.

Ministry -

We are still hosting people in our home 2-3 x average a week - feeding them and building relationships.  Ken is learning how to make homemade bread and it's fabulous!!  He's made Sourdough, Asiago Ciabatta, French Bread & Cinnamon Raisin Bread....next up is English Muffins!    I am constantly trying new recipes and tweaking them to make them my own.  Yum!  If you have any good recipes, please send them to me.  :) 

We are enjoying leading our Thursday group - going through a book Positioned for Miracles....a great foundational book to walking in the supernatural.

We have had the pleasure of praying for several people recently - seeing immediate results.  One we prayed for couldn't bend thumb & had excruciating pain.  Healed!  Another, high blood pressure.... next day they took their bp and it was normal!  Another, we prayed for open doors for a new rental and to help move the spouse's heart as they didn't want to move.  Within an hour, they looked at a property (that was a miracle in itself) and then signed a lease.  Whoohoo!  Love seeing God show up and show off! 

I am still doing research and gathering information for when God says go and provides for Sonlit Fields.  He is continuously introducing us to new people who add wisdom or potential help for this project.  



If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what God is doing through us - financially, below are a few options.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling. 

Megablessings  - 
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible & non tax deductible donations can be made: 
1.  Checks made payable to Sonlit Fields, PO Box 371, El Dorado Springs, MO 64744 or if you prefer anonymous giving - you can give through our Donor Fund 

2.  Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:  THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET MONEY TO US FOR DAILY USE. 
 Paypal - www.paypal.com  (michele@wantinsight.com) 

3. Donor Fund - Contact National Christian Foundation - Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight Fund - We will be changing the name in the near future.   Tax deductible 
    706 North Lindenwood Drive
    Olathe, KS 66062
    Phone: 913.310.0279
    Fax: 913.227.0254     www.nationalchristian.com 

Vision
God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.  
The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted).  We will offer 30-50 private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, screened in porches and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord. 
We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating, health and wellness retreats and more.  

The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers.  We are not wanting to replace their church, but more help them be ready to serve in their church. 
In our community building - we will have a 24/7 (eventually)  prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.  

Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world.   To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas.  Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!!  We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.  






Copyright © 2016, Michele A. Cole  All rights reserved.  Only with expressed written permission will these posts be allowed to be duplicated, copied or transmitted.  



No comments: