77% of Americans would call themselves a Christian. Have you heard the phrase, Beware of the Fish? People today are hungry for authentic Christianity. They want to see the real deal? God is also seeking people who are “completely” His.
His Word says in 2 Chron 16:9 - For the eyes of the Lord search to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. What this says to me is that God is looking for people He can strongly support. He looks at our heart. When God looks at your heart, what does He see? Does He see a heart that is fully His?
What does a heart look like that is fully His?
- Its when we surrender our will to the will of the Father. We have to die to self, forego our agenda and seek God’s instead. Matthew 6:33 says Seek Ye the Kingdom of God first and His righteousness and all things will be added unto you.
- It’s a love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ? The only way to fall in love with our Creator is to spend time in His word daily. Get to know Him. The Word says we are friends of God. When you get together with your friends, do you do all the talking and never find out what your friend has to say? Ask God to speak to you. He has good plans for us but we won’t know what those are if we don’t spend quality time with Him.
Christ is in us and the Holy Spirit helps us to apply God’s Word in our walk with Him. He promises us to never give us more than we can handle and He says we can do all things in Christ Jesus who gives us strength.
- It’s about trusting God and being obedient to His word no matter what the circumstances. Not giving in to temptation or fear, but believing God’s word is true. In Phillipians 4:19, it says God will supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. The Lord had me do a word study on some of the words in this verse – and here’s what I got when I add the additional meanings:
- God shall, intends to, plans to, expects to, is determined to, definitely will and is obliged to supply, to furnish, to provide, to satisfy all, totally, entirely, all kinds, beyond all doubt, your needs, or lack of something, wanted or necessary, a requirement, an obligation you have and a longing or desire according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus! Doesn’t that just give you more confidence that God is sovereign and is in control (if you let him) and that “whatever” your needs are, He will provide them.
- It’s about loving your neighbor as yourself. It’s about speaking a word of encouragement or giving to someone in need. Everywhere we go, there are people hurting, people in need. What has God given you that you can give away to someone in need? It can be money, time, a listening ear? Just be open to being used.
All believers are called to be an agent of the Kingdom of God and to carry the mission of God wherever we go. The more we become like Christ, the more we will be used this way.
If you are interested in this and want to learn how you can walk this out in your workplace, email me! I'd love to hear from you.
Jewel and I focus on providing home mortgages with a lender you can trust! We are committed to do the right thing for YOU. We strive to walk out our Christianity the way God would want us. We aren't perfect but we try to improve where we lack!
Michele "MAC" A. Cole
The InSight Team