|picture credit incolors.club|
Have you ever been betrayed by someone you thought was a friend? How did that feel? What were your initial reactions? Is it possible that there is a lesson to be learned? What should our response be?
verb (used with object)
- to deliver or expose to an enemy by treachery or disloyalty: Benedict Arnold betrayed his country.
- to be unfaithful in guarding, maintaining, or fulfilling: to betray a trust.
- to disappoint the hopes or expectations of; be disloyal to: to betray one's friends.
If we look at the story of Judas, we know that his betrayal was KNOWN TO GOD! God had full awareness and even prophesied it in the Scriptures.
“Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me” Psalm 41:9
I told them, “If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.” So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the handsome price at which they valued me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them to the potter at the house of the Lord. Zecheriah 11:12-13
WHAT ARE SOME LESSONS WE CAN LEARN FROM THE BETRAYAL? HOW SHOULD WE RESOND AS DISCIPLES OF CHRIST?
1. When you or I have been betrayed, our initial response may be hurt, frustration or sadness. How we respond can have good or bad consequences. Do we take revenge, do we spew out curses and slander OR do we pray a blessing and ask God to heal our heart from the hurt? It may not be easy to do the latter, but I believe it’s the right response. God asks us to forgive and let go. We can definitely set some boundaries and choose to “unfriend” and not allow them back into our lives. That’s actually healthy. Pray blessings over them and watch your heart line up with God’s.
|picture credit pinterest.com|
2. Betrayal may have nothing to do with you personally at all. It may be that the betrayer has hurt in their lives and this is a way they can feel in control. Hurt people, hurt people. Or like Judas when they realize they aren’t able to “benefit” from you anymore, they just choose to walk away and cause a trail of destruction for those in the path. This is even more reason to pray and ask God to bring healing and wholeness. That’s His desire for all of us.
3. We can recognize that this may be an answer to a prayer? Maybe you’ve had a check in your spirit and your silent prayers have reached God’s ears. I think sometimes God has been showing us all along about this person, but we tend to ignore the signs. God often removes people from our lives because they just can’t go with us into our next season. Thank God for His protection and mercy.
4. Betrayal can be another layer of learning brokenness.
Psalm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart
you God, will not depise. In order for us to be used mightily by the Lord, we must be emptied of selves and surrendered to the Lord’s will. Judas was all a part of the Lord’s will in taking Jesus to the cross. The Bible tells us we need to pick up our cross daily. This isn’t easy, but it’s commanded by the Lord if we are to be His followers.
|picture credit quote fancy.com|
If there is someone you have been betrayed by, I encourage you to seek the Lord and ask Him to bring healing to your broken heart. If we allow our hurt to fester it turns into bitterness, revenge and resentment. God wants you whole and He was fully aware this betrayal was going to happen. Don’t allow the enemy to steal your joy. Release it to the Lord. The Lord will deal with them in His own way.
If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what God is doing through us - financially, below are a few options. Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling.
Ken & Michele Cole
Tax deductible & non tax deductible donations can be made:
1. Checks made payable to Sonlit Fields, PO Box 371, El Dorado Springs, MO 64744 or if you prefer anonymous giving - you can give through our Donor Fund
2. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by: THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET MONEY TO US FOR DAILY USE.
Paypal - www.paypal.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Donor Fund - Contact The Signatry - Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight Fund - Tax deductible
7171 W. 95th Street, Suite 501
Overland Park, KS 66212
Fax: 913.227.0254 www.thesignatry.com
God has given us a vision to build a retreat property along with ministry equipping center.
The retreat portion of our ministry is to provide a safe place for pastors, lay leaders & other ministry folks to come and be refreshed & encouraged through prophetic ministry (if wanted). We will offer private cabins with kitchens & full bathrooms, and plenty of places to roam on the property to get quiet with the Lord.
We will offer other specialty retreats - marriage, healing, prophetic teaching & activating people into the world & health and wellness retreats and more.
The Lord has graced us with the desire to come alongside the Church - to bring healing, deliverance & freedom to new/newer believers. We are not wanting to replace their church, but better help them be ready to serve in their church.
In our community building - we will eventually have a 24/7 prayer room, healing & prophetic rooms and a place for community worship services for those on the property.
Our passion is to minister to a lost & hurting world. To equip the saints to do the same and to be a blessing to our community and surrounding areas. Our hopes are that we can pour out God's love in a mighty way to bring more and more souls into the Kingdom, get them discipled, called into their purpose & destiny and released to do God's business!!!! We also have a passion to give generously to help those in need and to help others launch into their God given destinies.