Saturday, January 21, 2012

Move to Peru??? Another miracle?



Can you believe it's been two weeks since we got home from Peru? It seems like we just got home. I am still fighting the cold I got while in Peru. Ok.. so we still want to share some of the amazing God stories that we experienced, but felt that this was the next one on God's agenda for this blog.

This picture above actually is in Mira Flores where my niece lives. This was taken from her apartment window looking across the street. She lives in the "Johnson County" of Lima. It was a much quieter area of town and yet close to the busy financial district. We had a great visit with her and her new husband. He is Peruvian and made us a really yummy chicken aji amarillo dish. I'm going to try my hand at this next week.

We wanted to share with you a few little "inklings" of what God has been speaking to us since September about Peru.

Before we left - I heard a small voice whisper "move to Peru". Next, when I was in my quiet time one day, the Lord gave me a Scripture out of Acts 18:9-11 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10 For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” 11 So Paul stayed in Corinth for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God. I joked that maybe we would just stay in Peru for a year and a half. Ha ha!!! Then when we were on Skype with James (the guy who we went with), he had made a comment at the end of our call about if he would move to another country it would be Peru. I asked him why he said that and he didn't really have an answer. Odd? So then when we were talking to the guy who was watching our house and dogs prior to booking our flights, I was asking him if he was flexible on staying longer?? He said, another day, week, month or year, it didn't matter. I also had a vision that a family greeted us and the wife/mother of this family embraced me and then invited us into their home. And then Mary, the lady who was teaching us spanish said the best way to learn spanish is to move in with a spanish speaking family and be fully immersed. Ha!!!

While were in Peru - one of the churches we preached and ministered at, the pastor shared in the taxi this little story. He said that in November the Lord gave him a vision. A couple from another country would come to his church and preach and bring life back into his church.. and then that couple would move to Peru. Well, while we were ministering to his church, the Lord showed him that it was us the vision was about. One night we were at dinner and Prophet Rafael was with us. He was one of the people that came in from Costa Rica to minister at the church for the 12 days of revival. He said the Lord had been speaking to him about us and asked if we wanted to hear. He shared quite a bit but one thing he said was that the Lord was giving us Peru and that He was also giving us South America.. meaning our ministry would reach all of South America. And then in another taxi ride, the taxi driver said he had been listening to us on La Luz Radio and said how much he has been enjoying our teaching and ministering. He said that he wanted to sow into our ministry and that he wasn't going to charge us a fare for the taxi ride (remember they are very poor there - that's a huge sacrifice). Well, he also said that the Lord was going to make us famous all over South America through La Luz and that he felt we would travel not only to Peru but to all of South America to teach and minister.

Ok so do we need more confirmation - YES!!!!! When we got home, the second night I had a dream (in the few minutes I slept)... and this was the dream... That a Dignitary from Peru and his daughter were watching us on La Luz Television and one of the prophetic words of knowledge we had for healing was for his daughter and she was instantly healed as we prayed over the tv. The Dignitary was a "secret" Christian because he worked for the President of Peru. He contacted La Luz and they put him in contact with us. He invited us to move to Peru and move in with him and his family. On another day, I was flipping through a magazine I get monthly from a ministry. The headlines said this: Healing rivers in Peru! The article was about a couple from Oklahoma and the Lord called them to move to Peru and they have been there for 27 years.

Yowseeeeee!!!!!! This is so overwhelming to think about. What you don't know is this... when I got home, I literally asked God not to speak to me because I wasn't interested in hearing what He had to say (if meant moving to Peru). If God would of said to me the first week we were home, "move to Peru next month", I'd have to tell you I don't know whether I could of been obedient or not. The amazing God stuff didn't outweigh the cultural shock I experienced. Really? Yea, really?? I said to God, if you wanted us to move there, you didn't do a very good job of selling me on how wonderful it was. Why??

Don't get me wrong, we loved the people we met, ministered too and Pastor Agapito, his wife Malena and her sister Bibiana were incredible host/hostesses. They were awesome!! I even cried when we were saying our goodbyes.

Ken had a brilliant thought and said if God would of made it a bed of roses, maybe we would of got ahead of Him and moved there prematurely. Maybe that's true? Interesting thought? It took 5 years from when God showed us the two trees to when we actually went, so maybe it will be even longer than that to actually move there!

Several years ago when I was shutting my business down, I asked the Lord why would He have me to close the business down just five years after HE wanted me to open it. He had me in Psalm 37:4. He gave me a different perspective on that verse. It says, those who delight in the Lord, He gives them the desires of their heart. I initially thought that meant that as I spent time with God, as I served Him, He would satisfy my hearts desires, my dreams, etc. And that is true. However, it's not really about my dreams that I've dreamt up, they are His dreams that He has PLACED in my heart. He gave me a vision with this. He was reaching into my heart and He pulled out some old "dreams" and He replaced them with new dreams - His will for my life. He said because you love me so much Michele, I am changing your heart day by day and molding you and shaping you into who I created you to be long before the foundation of the earth began. I gave you the desire to open that business so that I could teach you much more about My Kingdom and then when I felt that those lessons were learned, I changed the desires in your heart. You see I have a purpose for you and you will fulfill that purpose. You are walking on the path I have for you. Continue to trust and believe that I Am for you and that I Am with you every step of the way.

God is an amazing God! He is good and His faithful love endures forever! I don't really have to worry about whether we are moving to Peru or not, because I know that when (and if) He does asks us to move officially, He will have already prepared our hearts and handled all the details. And I know that I will be extremely happy to say yes and to go where He sends me. Even if that means to a country that is way out of my comfort zone. He has good for me/us. His love for us is too great to think otherwise! And that is actually what He is doing. In just two short weeks, I've gone from la la la la, not listening God, to ok God, here I am, send me! Whatever that looks like! I'm Yours!


In the meantime, Ken and I are THANKFUL to be home and appreciating all the blessings God has bestowed on us.... a nice home, a nice comfortable bed, good food, etc. There's much to be thankful for!

If you have a ministry or prayer need or would like us to come teach or speak, we would be delighted to. Our heart is to love God, love others and help others do the same! We want to ignite the body of Christ to walk in radical obedience and total surrender!

God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole


This is how you can give to support the ministry God has entrusted us with, if the Lord so leads you:

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.

3. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:

4. Paypal - account is michele@wantinsight.com

5. Send check to our home. Please contact us for the address.
Any donations made through Helping Hands will be anonymous. If you want us to know that you supported us through them, please let us know personally. Thank YOU



Also - reminder of some events coming up -

We are hosting another Shelf Reliance Food Storage show January 28. www.shelfreliance.com. If you are interested in attending, please email me.

FEBRUARY 2012

Jerry Baysinger of Life Healing Ministries http://lifehealingministries.us/ will be here February 18th. We will be hosting him at our home to teach and minister. God miraculously healed him of liver cancer given only one month to live! God has used him mightily in the area of healing for the past 17 years!! If you are interested in attending this event, please email me as seating is limited. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS HEALING, BRING THEM!!!

APRIL 2012

Bob Sorge will be back on April 10th to give us another amazing teaching. Bob's messages come from the "secret place". He lost his voice 18 years ago. He only can speak for an hour a day and God uses him mightily. Bob came last year and we were all incredibly blessed. You can check him out at oasishouse.net/ Please email me if you are interested in attending. Seating is limited.

No comments: