Hi again,
I want to start with a thank you. Yesterday I sent out a note asking for your votes and donation votes in the Favorite Chef 2026 competition, and so many of you responded right away. It means more than I can say.
But I realized after I hit send that I skipped over something important: what a donation vote actually is, and where that money goes. I want to fix that today.
When you make a donation vote in this competition, that contribution goes directly to the James Beard Foundation. If you're not familiar with them, the James Beard Foundation is one of the most respected organizations in American culinary arts. They support chefs and food professionals through scholarships, leadership training, and advocacy for a healthier, more equitable food system. They're also behind the James Beard Awards, often called the Oscars of the food world. Every dollar donated through this competition helps fund that work, so your donation vote does double duty. It helps me, and it supports an organization that's investing in the future of American food.
Today is a two times donation vote day, which means every dollar donated counts twice as much toward my standing on the leaderboard. If you've been thinking about making a donation vote, today is the best possible day to do it.
Here's where things stand. I'm currently competing in the Semi-Finals, which close this Thursday. I need to reach first place and hold it through Thursday to move on to the Finals. This is the last stretch, and I need all the help I can get to get there and stay there.
I'll be honest about why this matters so much to me. Winning this competition would open real doors for my new business, Elegant Meals Made Simple. It would mean more visibility, more credibility, and more opportunity to build something I've poured years of heart into. This isn't just about a title. It's about what comes next.
All you need to vote is a Facebook account. No app to download, no account to create. Just a click.
You can vote and make a donation vote here: favchef.com/2026/michele-cole
If you've already voted, thank you. If you haven't yet, I would be so grateful for your support today. And if you know someone else who might want to help, please feel free to share this with them too.
Thank you for being part of this journey with me, today and always.
With gratitude,
Michele
No comments:
Post a Comment