Monday, May 10, 2010

Economic Crisis? Can this be turned around?

Last Thursday was the National Day of Prayer. IAll over the country, in businesses, churches, homes, etc people were praying for our nation, the United States of America.

As I was praying and joining in with the others around the country, I felt the Lord speak to me about paying off the national debt. What I mean is, I sensed God would like us to join in unity and do our part, make an effort to pay off the national debt. Is it even possible? I don't know but with God all things are possible. I do not know the first thing to do or how to even begin to organize this. What I do know is that America was built on biblical principles. Our founding forefathers would probably roll over in their graves if they knew the debt America and it's people are in. So many of us have a consumerism mentality - some because that's just how we were raised. I'm not condemning anyone because I play a role in that too. Over the last 8 years, the Lord has shown me how important it is to learn how to live within your means, meaning don't buy something unless you have the cash to do so. Debt isn't a sin, but it can lead you into bondage. A favorite Scripture of mine is found in Proverbs 22:7, Just as the rich rule the poor, so is the borrower servant to the lender. I don't know about you, but when i have credit card debt that I cannot pay off when the bill comes, it puts me into a sense of "bondage". Maybe you're not feeling the squeeze others are? If not, that's great!!

With so many folks losing jobs due to downsizing and company closures, we are seeing more and more folks feeling the "heat" or the bondage of the debt load they carry. I recently received this video from an economist I know and it sure is eye-opening but not surprising to me. I wanted to share it with you so you could also do some research and see what you can do personally to get your family into a better place. If Americans would pay their debt off as quickly as they can and invest in American products, we could see a positive change. If we drag our feet and wait too long, we could face the worst of times this country has ever seen. I know that some will remain in denial and say "this won't happen to me"... but time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1VbGcaVvFM - Check this out!

Now, on a positive note - there is hope - Jeremiah 29:11 says For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. If you are a follower of Jesus, this promise is for you. We must turn to God and seek him with all we have and do. He is our strong tower, our place of refuge and His arms are opened wide waiting for you to come to Him. Jesus doesn't shield us from difficult circumstances but He examines (tests) both the righteous and the unrighteous. Use this as an opportunity to grow in a relationship with God. Whenever things go wrong in our lives, we have to believe and trust that God is still for us. We contend for the promises, but we trust Him for any outcome. He knows what's best for us. Read Psalm 3. As we depend on God's mercy, we can be at peace about anything. We can conquer fear by trusting in the Lord.

Jewel and I focus on helping clients make good choices in their home financing decisions. Our choices today affect our tomorrows. We want you to be able to weather the economic storm this country is facing. I pray that you become encouraged and motivated to make changes in your life that will prepare you for what could happen. If we can be of assistance in that, please feel free to call or email. Visit us at www.wantinsight.com.

Blessings Abundant!

Michele Cole
Business Development Rep
Jewel Callahan
Mortgage Consultant
The InSight Team
Mid America Mortgage
www.wantinsight.com

No comments: