Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Faith vs Fear? Take the Kingdom by Force!

Faith vs Fear!  Do you believe God is bigger than anything you are going through?

John 10:10   -    The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy......  (fear)
I came that they have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).   (FAITH)

This past week has been a roller coaster ride.  Two weeks ago, I went to the doctor for my routine follow up regarding my adrenals, etc.  I was anxious to hear what the results of my lab work because I have been noticing some improvement in my endurance and have been able to read somewhat consistently again without having the brain fog crash in on me.  That's a huge praise God!   The lab results did not come out as I had expected.  Not only did they say my cortisol levels were critically low, they wanted to run some further testing.  They immediately put me back on steroids and other supplementation.

Ken and I had a retreat planned at Morning Star in Fort Mill, SC last week.  We felt the Lord wanted us there not only to support Joni Ames being ordained there, but because He had some divine connections and direction for us.  That all was true.  Upon returning, the physical toll the trip took on my body knocked me out literally for 2 1/2 days.  I cannot begin to describe the utter exhaustion and complete sense of physical hopelessness I experienced.  I literally felt all energies drain from my body and knew that if I didn't get rest, I would collapse.   The emotional turmoil I was battling for these 2 1/2 days was unbelievable and probably did the adrenals even more harm.   The enemy was barraging me with thoughts to give up on God and to give into fear of what might happen?

Yesterday I had another trip planned to the doctor to get follow up results from the second set of tests that I had done just before we left town.  In my quiet time before the appointment, this is what the Lord shared with me:

- Amos 5 - Seek the Lord that you may live.....
- Psalm 72:12 - For He will deliver the needy when he (she) cries for help....
- Psalm 72:14 - He will rescue their life from oppression.....
- Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion
                         forever...
- Psalm 73:28 - But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and
                         made Him my refuge, that I may tell of His works.

I had no idea before the appointment that I would have to stand on these verses more than ever!
My test results validated that I now have been diagnosed with Addison's Disease.  This is a disease that can be life threatening if faced with any physical or emotional trauma or stress.  Not only did I get this smacked in my face, they have found a spot on my gallbladder, increased liver size (due to medications I take for migraines), my kidney has shrunk a sizeable amount since a test a year and a half ago and my immune system is highly compromised.  So the doctor has since ordered more tests.  What seems to be happening is a domino effect.  The enemy is pulling out his last ditch efforts to take us out and keep us from walking in our destiny - because us going back to Peru is/was supposed to happen within the next 30 days.

Today, the Lord spoke to me and said:

- 2 Corinthians 2:14 but thanks be to GOD who ALWAYS leads us in triumph in Christ.


From Devotional - When the Lord challenges you to do something that you feel is beyond your abilities  you have two options:
 1.  focus on Christ and proceed in triumph
 2.  focus on self and withdraw in defeat.

- Isaiah 55:3 - Incline your ear and come to Me.  Listen that you may live and I will make an
                       everlasting covenant with you.
- Seek My Face and you will find fulfillment of your deepest longings.

Whatever you are going through right now whether it's financial worries, medical issues, relational challenges - faith in Jesus Christ is our only hope.  He alone can give you what you need.  He is the source of life.  The only way to defeat the enemy is through the spoken Word of God, the belt of TRUTH!  The enemy wants to take God's people out so the Kingdom of God cannot advance!

Matthew 11:12 says
From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. (emphasis mine). 
I'm speaking this to me more than to you reading this.  Our thoughts and words must align with His Word!  We don't know the outcome, only God does!  He is the Alpha and Omega.  We must contend for the desired outcome we want and not give up the good fight of faith.  We must trust that whatever we are going through, God has a divine purpose in it.  This is much harder to do than it is to say...I know, I am experiencing it first hand.  That is why we must have the body of Christ - other believers around us to hold our arms up, pray for us and contend with us!  I've been saying to God, I cannot continue to ask for prayer.. I am wearing people out and He says, that's pride.  We are to humble ourselves and let others come around us and walk us through our difficulties.  Together, we can get through it and alone we lose.

My in laws sent a card to me this week - a prayer from St Padre Pio (for those of you who are Catholic).  It really warmed my heart and I pray it will yours too.  Whether you have need for healing or something else, pray this prayer over yourself or someone you know in need.

Merciful God, restore me to health.  Help me to know the great compassion You offered to everyone who came to You in sorrow or need.  

When I am heavy burdened, give me strength.  
When I am wearied by life's difficulties, uplift and renew me.
when I am ill or troubled, lead me to rest secure in Your infinite goodness.

Hear now my humble prayers for complete health of mind, body and spirit.

Send Your Holy Angels to watch over me, to protect me from all danger, and to keep me safe from any injury or harm.

O Divine Healer, by Your grace, free me from useless anxiety, and grant me a sense of serenity and well-being in this time of uncertainity.  

Help me Lord, to trust in You completely, and to experience in my life Your miracles of healing, hope and peace.  I pray You will be my comfort and strength and my joy, now and for all eternity.  Amen! 


 BELIEVE - GOD IS FAITHFUL - GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU!


Ken and I love to pray for folks who need a touch from the Lord - with words of encouragement, words of knowledge and a healing touch.  If you are someone in need, please let us know.  We also have a passion to activate and influence believers to walk in radical obedience to a fun and wonderful God!  There is just nothing like it!

If you are interested in Ken and I coming to minister to you, your small group or church, please give us a call.  We would be delighted to!

God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Donate to The Want InSight - Phil 4:19 Fund!

This is how you can give to support the ministry God has entrusted us with, if the Lord so leads you:
Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.

3. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:

4. Paypal - account is michele@wantinsight.com

5. Send check to our home. Please contact us for our address.
Any donations made through Helping Hands will be anonymous. If you want us to know that you supported us through them, please let us know personally. Thank YOU

Events Coming UP!

Jubilee Ministry Center - 189 S Rogers Road, Olathe, KS

Tony Kemp
Friday, August 17th 7:00pm
Saturday, August 18th 7:00pm

Sunday Service, August 19th 10:30am

A love offerings will be taken.
image

Welcome to the Prepare The Way 

Your trusted source for preparedness education and products.

Really Ready Weekend, August 23 - 25, 2012
Never before a hands-on preparedness training like this one.
In a weekend, learn vital preparation skillsConnect with people of like mind. Walk away with the skills and confidence to be ready when it counts. And, for the first time ever,experience a private tour of the Prepare The Way cave warehouse. Click Here to Register


Register NOW for Search and Rescue Training, 
PREP 1, HAM Radio and CISM   
We are excited to let you know that ARK Int'l is now a member of the National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). 
We can currently accept a limited number of individuals to be added to the ARK roster for our Search and Rescue (SAR) team.  This membership entitles you to discounts at the NASAR bookstore and special discount pricing on courses and exams through NASAR.  This is a nationally recognized certification.

We currently have the opportunity to join in on a SARTECH II exam, June 22-24 in Olathe, Kansas.  These exams do not come this close to home very often, so if you are at all interested in being on ARK's SAR team, seriously consider jumping in on this.

This exam is an intermediate level course.  Persons taking this exam will need to study the SARTECH II book, Fundamentals of Search and Rescue. You should also have a basic knowledge of navigation, compass and survival skills, or have experience with EMS and the Incident Command System. 

We have ordered 6 copies of Fundamentals of Search and Rescue.  Three are still available for purchase at $38.00 ea. (includes shipping).

Cost to take the SARTECH II exam next month, and be added to the NASAR roster through ARK Int'l is $125.00.  
You will also need to complete ARK Int'l level 1 training within the next 4 months to remain on the roster and before participating in a deployment with ARK. See requirements  here.

Contact Janet at janet@arkintl.net for questions or to register. 

Other New Training

ARK Orientation and PREP 1 Training.
Saturday, June 16th, 2012


ARK Orientation is an overview of who we are, what we do, how it works and how you can be involed. ARK Orientation is FREE and required to deploy with us.

PREP 1 covers Theology of Crisis- The Biblical foundations of why we prepare and why we respond.  We also introduce  the basics of preparing for a short term emergency.  We will cover steps you need to take to keep you, your family and home safe in an emergency.  We will talk about the 8 essentials of sheltering in place, as well as "Go Bags" and evacuating.  
This course is $25.

Both classes will be held at:

Southview Christian Church
13604 Norby Road
Grandview MO 64030

ARK Orientation 10:00am-12:00pm
PREP 1  1:00pm-5:30pm

Critical Incident Stress Management- CISM
This training will equip you to deal with the mental, emotional and spiritual issues most people encounter in times of disaster, including trauma, learning debriefing techniques and much more.  All participants will receive a certificate of completion in CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management/Critical Incident Stress Debriefing) through Living Solutions Counseling Center. This training is recommended for those16 years of age and above.
June 28-30  at River of Refuge Cost:$75
Minimum class size of 10 required to hold this class

 Amatuer Radio- Technicians License
This course will prepare you to take the test for the Technicians level HAM Radio license.  Please register early to have adequate time to get the study materials and prepare for the class.  This does require home study.
July 20-21, 2012   Location TBD
Class is FREETest will be given on the last day of class for those that elect to take it.  Test $15.00
  
Go to www.arkintl.net to register for training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying my friend and sister. I am with you. So sorry for this trial, but I know God is a big God. I know He is all over this. I know that it is being filtered through the Father's fingers. And I know He will never leave or forsake you.

I can't wait to see what He does to restore you.
much love,
Teri