Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I Hear Voices! Do You? 2 Reasons to Pay Attention to the Voice You Hear!

In this blog:
found on google, godwantstotalktoyou.com


I Hear Voices! Do You? 2 Reasons to Pay Attention to the Voice You Hear!

About Us
Upcoming Events

Have you ever had an intersecting thought?  Like, you're driving down the road bopping to the music on the radio and then suddenly your thinking about someone you know?  Have you been in line unloading your cart of groceries and a wild thought comes through your head, you hear; pay for the person's groceries behind you?  Or maybe you're in your church services and you have this unusual urge to pray for the person sitting in front of you.

Are any of these things you have experienced?  I'm pretty sure most of us have.  Do you think that this is just your thoughts or imagination, or could you believe that it might be God speaking to you?

When I first got saved.  I mean like within a month or so.  We were at Homer's Coffee Shop.  We went to see Mission Blues, a great Christian band play.  The place was packed.  Everyone was enjoying the music as was apparent by the heads bopping.  Suddenly, I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness and my head swiftly turned towards this couple.  I noticed immediately that they were not bopping to the music.  Matter of fact, they looked quite downtrodden.  I heard this voice tell me to go pray for them.  I knew it was God in my spirit, but I had know idea that God, at that time in my walk, would even speak to me.  I carried on this conversation in my head.  I said God, I don't even know how to pray.  I only know one Scripture.  What would I say?  And again, I heard this small still voice, gently say, please go pray for those people.  It took everything I could to muster up the courage but I did when the band took a break.  I approached the couple and said I feel the Lord wants me to pray for you, would that be ok?  They nodded their heads, barely lifting them up to see me.  My heart was just breaking literally for the pain they must of been going through that I was feeling.  I began to pray and I was sooooo nervous.  I don't really remember what I prayed, except the one Scripture verse I knew just came out of my mouth.  I hadn't planned to say it, it just literally came out like someone took over my speech.  I noticed tears streaming down both of their faces.  I began to freak out, thinking I said something that hurt them.  After I finished praying, they looked up at me, grabbed my hands and said "You are an angel, sent by God.  What you prayed for us, was exactly the words we needed to hear".   Their countenance had changed from sadness to hope.  Now, I don't really believe they meant I was a "literal" angel, but God used me to speak to them in a time of need.  It brought them comfort and encouraged their hearts.  It was such an amazing feeling..... and one that set my heart desiring more  experiences like this. 

What do you think - was God speaking to me?  Or was it just a coincidence?  I don't believe in coincidences.

1 Corinthians 14:3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people
 strengthens others, encourages them and comforts them.  


I felt led to share this blog with two purposes in mind -   

1.  To help those who don't think it's possible to hear God's voice or second guess "the voice"? 
2.  To understand why it is so important to pay attention, hear and act on the voice of God?

First of all, if you are a born-again believer - you do hear God's voice.  You might not be able to recognize it or it might come in a little fuzzy, but there is no doubt that you can hear His voice.  

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow Me.  

Do you read the Bible?  Does a verse "jump out at you", speak to your heart or comfort you in the circumstances you're going through?  Then you hear God!  Same is true for reading a devotional or listening to a song on the radio?  Did it help you find an answer to something you were needing guidance on?  Then you hear God!  Have you ever called a friend of yours at what was the perfect time and said something that just made their day?  Then you hear God!  What about driving down the road, you felt prompted to turn right and go a different route, just to find out you missed a huge accident?  Then you hear God!  

Another term for "hearing God" is prophecy.  That's kind of a big word for some and can be scary for the skeptic or those who have seen the gift abused.  But in reality, if it's done with a true heart in love, it's a beautiful thing.  Some denominations freak out over the word and don't believe in it, because they feel the "gifts" were only available in Jesus' day.  That's so sad!  If it weren't for prophecy or for others hearing God's voice on my behalf, I'm not sure where I would be at in my walk.  I have been encouraged, strengthened, blessed beyond measure and confirmed many times of my purpose, call and destiny through this gift!  What a shame not to use or to believe in it!  Those folks are missing out!  

Secondly, it is important to pay attention, hear and act on the voice of God!  Why?  I'm glad you asked!

There are many, many people in the Body of Christ who are struggling, feel beaten up and are about ready to give up on God!  Are you one of them?  We need to be seeking the Lord on a daily basis, asking Him to show us who, what, where and how to minister to someone in need.  If we are paying attention to this voice, willing to hear and act on it, He will use us in mighty ways to bless others or even lead someone to the Lord.  And one big obvious way God speaks is through His Word - if you read the Word, you know His heart - you don't have to even "hear" a voice in your head.  Just go do it!

Matthew 25 And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me. Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;  for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me. Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?  Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me. And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Story: 
I remember one day, Ken and I were driving down the road and I hear the Lord say, go to Maya's for lunch (they are no longer open, phooey).  I told Ken what I heard and he wasn't in the mood for mexican but he said ok.  It was the lunch hour and typically this place is busy.  I think we were the only table in the restaurant when we arrived at 11:30.  The waitress approached us & took our order.  After she walked away, Ken said I think we're to pray for her.  I sensed that too.  So, when she brought us our food, I said to her, we are going to pray a blessing over our food, is there anything that you would like prayer for?  She asked if it was ok for her to sit down with us and join us for the prayer and she shared a few things that she was going through.  Ken opened the prayer and said a few things the Lord was revealing to him and then I joined in with what I was hearing for her.  Tears began to flow down her cheeks.  When we were done praying, she said thank you, was amazed and a bit embarrassed by her tears and so she left the table while we ate.   Later she returned to the table and sat down again next to me like we were old friends.  I felt a little prompting to talk with her about a relationship with God.  And one thing led to another, and right there in our booth, we led her to the Lord.  And seriously, there were no other tables that came in UNTIL we were leaving.  We got to see her and do some mentoring with her for a few months until the restaurant closed.  How cool is that!  

Often as believers (and pre-believers alike) we cry out to God and say if you are real show me,  or if you truly are my provider, then help me?  Maybe we ask God to help us believe for a healing.

What if God spoke to YOU to be a blessing to that person crying out, maybe take them some food because you know their finances are tight, or even give them some cash or pay a bill of theirs? Would you do it?  What if God asked you to pray for someone who was sick or disabled? Would you do it?  What if God asked you to pray for a total stranger and lead them to the Lord?  Would you do it? 


found on google corybritt.com
What IF you chose NOT to do it - for whatever reason - (no condemnation) you were afraid, you second guessed yourself, you got cold feet, you dismissed the thought because you were too busy?  What IF you were the ONE God was going to use to bring them hope, relief, healing and proof of His existence!  What IF because their prayers didn't get answered, they gave up on God completely!    

I remember a friend of mine, Joni Ames, shared a story one time...she was at Morning Star Church in Fort Mills, SC and everyone was giving words to others as part of an activation.  Long story short, she kept hearing tell this lady "God loves you".  That's all she was getting.  (for those who don't know Joni, she is a mother in the prophetic and travels the country teaching and activating the prophetic gift - she has been a huge blessing to us and the 1000's who have come to our meetings when we host her for the past 7 years)..  Anyways, she shared with the lady that God loved her and the lady fell down and started crying...and crying....and crying...  and Joni said I just said "God loves you"... and the lady waled again.  A little time later, the lady got up and said to Joni,  I was praying on the way here as I was crossing the bridge over the river, I told God that if He didn't tell me He loved me tonight, I was going to drive my car off this bridge on the way home!   Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am not trying to make anyone feel guilty, because we all have missed the mark at one time or another (of course, me included).  Matter of fact, I got chicken a few weeks ago because someone came up to us at church for prayer, the Lord showed me something very specific but I didn't share it.  I came up with my own two little words that were vague.  I don't know exactly why I chickened out except that I was afraid that what I heard could really of made of a major shift in their lives.  I didn't know how they would react??  Well, just this past weekend, they made an announcement.....and guess what it was the exact thing I had heard!  OMG!

Here's a quick testimony from Caron: The Importance of being sensitive in the Spirit for the sake of others:

"This past weekend My family had many things happen all at once, My Son's home was broken into while he was home, thankfully when the robbers saw him they ran off. We had an important meeting to attend 4 hrs from home and our 3 yr old son was sick.

I received 3 random text messages from friends that I don't get to talk to often, one being Michele saying that the Lord had put us on her heart and asked how she could pray for us. All 3 friends said almost the same thing. Between travel, sickness and safety the Lord put us on the hearts of others. How important it is that we capture every thought to lift one another up as in Phil. 1&2, the Holy Spirit alerted them on our behalf, upping our prayer support when we needed it. In times like these I wonder the importance of LISTENing for the sake of others and how our obedience to pray for one another can and I'm sure does, save lives. I am so thankful to the Saints that have stood with us in prayer and have been alerted on our behalf."

The point I'm trying to make is that we ALL need each other! We all need to know that God loves us and hears our prayers.  We are in, and we are coming into some very precarious times in the world.  It is going to be critical to our well being and the well being of others, that we learn how to fine tune our ability to hear God's voice, discern the next steps and be obedient immediately.

Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, 
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." 


Ken and I are scheduling our next "treasure" hunt.  This is where we gather a few folks, we pray and ask the Lord to reveal clues - where to go, who to pray for and how to pray for them when we find them.  (They are God's treasures).   If you are interested in going on a treasure hunt with us, email us at michele@wantinsight.com.  Treasure hunting is a way we use to be intentional about showing the love of Christ to others.  It's a way to "practice" hearing Gods voice and act on it in a safe and informal environment.  We have had long time Christians go on these and are blown away by how God speaks!
So if you want to have some super fun, challenging and most of all a rewarding time, email me!
 As you refresh others, you too will be refreshed!  Proverbs 11:25 


"When you see a need try to meet it. 
Indifference makes an excuse, but love finds a way."
 Joyce Meyer


HELP!!!!  PLEASE! 
MY PHONE CRASHED & I LOST ALL MY PHONE CONTACTS.  Would you please please email me your contact information!   Pretty please!! 

If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what we are doing financially, below are a few options.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling. 

About us:

Ministry - 
Ken and I love to pray for folks who need a touch from the Lord - with words of encouragement, words of knowledge and a healing touch.  If you are someone in need, please let us know.  We also have a passion to activate and influence believers to walk in radical obedience to a fun and wonderful God!  There is just nothing like it!  

If you are interested in Ken and I coming to minister to you, your small group or church, or go on a "treasurehunt" with us, please give us a call or email.  We would be delighted to!

Prayer requests: 
We have our house on the market for sale!  Please pray God will bring the right buyer soon, if He wants us to move.... and a new place to live.  No income makes it a bit hard to qualify for renting or buying?  Looking forward to seeing God work this out! 

Pray for provision - we sold Ken's truck, and some furniture pieces and are continuing to attempt to sell things so we can pay our bills.  Ken had work for a few weeks that we are thankful for and are still seeking God on what to do in the interim to us moving full steam in "Chaplain" work (but needing Michele's health to be restored)

Pray for Michele's health - still no changes in physical energy levels and pain levels continue to be high.  The adrenals have been extremely exhausted and even headed towards crisis several times over the last few months.  

Business - 
Our LLC is official - Want InSight Chaplain Services.  God has brought us a business coach to help us and we are excited to see how that goes.  We still have many things that need to be done, logo design, website, etc.... waiting on God to provide the resources and further direction.  

In the meantime,  would you please help us?  Do you know of an employer who often experiences high absenteeism due to the employees having personal issues?  Or maybe has little employee engagement due to struggles on or off the job?  We can help with that.  
We are looking for companies who truly care about their employees and want to offer a business enrichment program that can increase productivity, improve employee and employer morale and provide a safe and emotionally health work environment.  If you know of someone who may be interested, would you be willing to give us an introduction?    We are determined and blessed to have this opportunity to create a cultural change in the workplace!


God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Ministry Projects, then use drop down box Ken & Michele Cole - Want InSight?
2. Or you can donate through my medical account, select Medical Projects, then Michele Cole.  
(any donations made through HH is anonymous..so if you want us to know, please let us know).
3.  You can donate through our Donor Fund at National Christian Foundation:

Donate to Ken & Michele Cole-  The Want InSight Phil 4:19 Fund !



4. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:
 Paypal - 

UPCOMING EVENTS: 
If you are interested in attending, please email me at michele@wantinsight.com.  Space is limited.  RSVP is required! 
Provision 

November 8- Joey & Destiny LetourneauM.A.R.K. 10:14 Family/Heavenly Hope Ministries  -  And his new book will be available!  

April 10, 2014 - Tom Stamman - Impact International Ministries - Teaching & Prophetic 
This guy is hilarious but yet delivers a powerful message from the Lord.  He has a strong prophetic gifting and will minister to many!  www.tomstamman.com.   You won't want to miss!  



1 comment:

The Healing is Always Christ (.com) said...

Michele, what a fantastic article on hearing from God. You covered a lot of true territory and explained it in a way that we can all understand and start realizing and relating to God when He calls and talks to us :)
Love where you are headed in ministry.
Had a fantastic evening with you all and Mark and Debbie Hendrickson. Every single person I have ever seen at your home has been fascinating, bringing me closer to the Lord.
Thank you so much for your wantinsight?
Hey, I really appreciated your speaking of our very close friendship with the group that night when we were explaining how we each met you! Indeed!! I forgot that part, just spoke of the healing and the people who come to share and to enrich our walk with God :)
Love,
Donna