Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Prayer Request Please

In this blog:

Prayer Request
New Opportunity

“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” 
Psalm 56:3

This past week has been a pretty frightening time for me.  Let me set the stage: 


Back in 2009 I had my first ever "blood pressure spike". One day I had a pounding headache (which was not unusual) but this one seemed a little different.  Late in the day, the pain was intense.  I had a nudging from the Holy Spirit to check my blood pressure.  I stopped at my in-laws as I was nearby and when I took my BP, it was 233/132.  I calmly waited 20 more minutes and took it again.  I was also having symptoms of chest pain & pain in my left arm.  I called my husband to come home from work and then we went to the ER.  As we were on our way, the Lord reassured me and told me not to speak out what I thought might be happening (a stroke or heart attack) but to just share symptoms and ask that the medical professionals also NOT speak those words.  After many hours and lots of nitroglyceride, they were able to get my BP down to a reasonable level.    My BP wasn't ever high except an occasional spike starting then.  When it spiked, I took a supplement called L-Arginine and the BP would drop within 20 minutes.  Praise God!   


Fast forward to 2012.  When I was seeing a doctor for my adrenal problems, they did an ultrasound of my kidneys & liver.  I was then diagnosed with Renal Artery Stenosis (a narrowing of the renal arteries that takes blood into the kidneys)  I was told that my kidneys were shrinking, however, the doctor unfortunately didn't offer any treatment solutions.  He just gave me my results and that was it.


My BP continued to spike from time to time (noticed it did when I took Excedrin for my migraines).  I would take the L-Arginine supplement and the BP would reduce.  


Now as of last week, I had a BP spike, and I had not taken any Excedrin for over a week.   I took the L-Arginine and the BP came down, but within an hour it spiked again.  This happened 4 x taking the supplement but then my BP didn't come back down.  I had chest pains and jaw pain so I contacted my local doctor.  They did an EKG which came out ok and started me on a new blood pressure medicine.  They told me that if my BP got into hypertensive crisis 180/110 or had additional symptoms to go to ER.  Well, that night, BP spiked again above crisis and symptoms worsened.  I went to the ER, they got me stabilized.  However, over the course of a few more days, my BP was volatile, up & down but never near normal ranges.  I had a follow up visit to my doctor and he was concerned with the BP readings being on 2 different meds.   I told him about my Renal Artery Stenosis diagnosis from 2012 and so he decided to take me off the 2 meds and put me on a new one that would be able to confirm or not Renal Artery Stenosis within 1 to 3 days.  If my BP dropped to normal within those days, it would be a pretty good indicator.  (He did this as the med is only $4 and an ultrasound would be $500).  Well, here it is day 2 on the new med and my BP readings are nearly normal.  We are waiting on medical records and next steps from my local doctor.  


In the natural - the only real treatment for this is angioplasty surgery, putting a stint in one or both renal arteries.  Having no insurance puts that at almost impossible.  I am still researching, but most hospitals require upfront payment, which we do not have.  I have applied for Medicaid previously and was declined.  Ugh!  It is potentially possible for me to stay on this medicine for a short period of time but there are risks associated with this for any long term use.  


God knows our situation.  He isn't surprised by the challenges we are facing.  He is in control and the outcome of my health is in His hands.  I am confessing the Word and believing that His Word will not return void in my situation and that He will make a way!  Honestly, I think this is just another attack of the enemy, trying to take me out before my time.  I will NOT come into agreement with him. I stand only in agreement with the Lord!  God has promised I would see complete healing in my lifetime and I believe HIM!!


My prayer request is that God would heal me completely, not only from this frightening health situation, but from all the health issues I've been dealing with for the past 31 years.  It's time!  Enough is enough!  No more Satan!  It's time for the promises God has spoken to me to come to pass.  Will you continue to stand with me in agreement!!!!  


Update on retreat center (destiny) -  we continue to make phone calls and gather information for what will be required to design, build and develop a retreat property.  We are still in process of forming our 501C3.  Some documents have been completed and filed with the State.  


New Opportunity:  I have decided to be a Consultant for Thrive Life Long Term Food Storage.  This is a way I can help earn some income (until God brings healing).  If you are interested in learning more about this product, please contact me or visit http://michelecole.thrivelife.com.  


Several months back, we were praying and asking God to give us something to confirm timing of this retreat property and moving into the destiny He has for us.  The Lord told Ken to continue to read through the end of the book of Acts.  The last chapter, the second to last verse, God gave us His answer.   Acts 28:30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. (emphasis mine).  


We have signed a new six month lease good through April.  However, come the first of January, if nothing solid has come through via income or retreat property, we will have to start looking into work back in KC or elsewhere.  We are not abandoning the vision God has given us and are still very much believing God will bring us through this as well.  



Bless YOU.  Thank you for caring for us, praying for us and standing with us!  If there is anything you need prayer for, please let us know.  We are happy to!!!

If you have been blessed by this ministry or feel led to support what God is doing through us - financially, below are a few options.  Your generosity and your prayer support is greatly appreciated and needed as we continue to walk in faith and God's calling. 

God Bless YOU -
Ken & Michele Cole
http://www.wantinsight.com
michele@wantinsight.com, ken@wantinsight.com

Tax deductible donations can be made by visiting:
1. https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php, select Hardship Project, then use drop down box Michele Cole. 
2. Non tax deductible donations can be made directly to us by:
 Paypal - www.paypal.com  (michele@wantinsight.com) \


1 comment:

The Healing is Always Christ (.com) said...

Dearest Friend, I am praying- on my mind, of course, recently, esp. this last week or so...of course, our friendship and our beloved Holy Spirit unity in the body of Christ. I am sooo sorry about all of this, M., thankful that, Yes, God is a miracle-giving and loving Lord. I am praying health, totally, all of this in the Name of Jesus to be healed and that you also have the right help in this natural world. Glad you are seeing the doctor, testing with medication. Praying fervently in this and also for retreat, health insurance, Ken's and your ministry. Good testimony and encouragement from you to us, the fellowship!!! I love you, Donna